Key Stage 4 Programme of Study
Exam board: Pearson : BTEC Music Specification
This qualification has been designed for young people who are potentially in a career in the music industry. Students are given the opportunity the explore the music industry, create a music product, discover live sound and improve their music performance skills.
This qualification can help students prepare for a wide range of jobs including music promotion, retail and sales, venue staff, musician, songwriter, music teacher and many, many more.
Although you do not need to be the strongest performer, students applying for this course music have some music experience, and the ability to play an instrument or sing in front of an audience is essential. You also need to have enthusiasm for this subject and the ability to work independently outside of the classroom.
As part of this course you will study:
- The Music Industry
- Managing a Music Product
- Introducing Music Composition
- Introducing to Music Performance
- What Will I Be Expected To Do?
- Develop your knowledge of the music industry through case studies.
- Regularly perform pieces to a live audience.
- Create compositional ideas for film, TV adverts, video games and documentaries.
- Develop rehearsal techniques.
- Contribute to the planning of a music concert.
- Evaluate the work you have produced, indicating strengths and suggesting improvements.
If you would like more information about the vocational music qualification, please talk to Ms Wilson.