How to Support Your Child In This Subject
- Talk about what they have been learning about in lessons and encourage them to reflect on what they have achieved.
- Listen to a wide variety of musical genres.
- Practice their instruments/voice at home.
- Attend extra-curricular rehearsals regularly.
- Encourage your child to learn a musical instrument. YouTube can be a great resource for this.
- Take your child to see a live performance.
- Visit websites such as BBC Bitesize and the school VLE.
- Visit the Office365 Music SharePoints.
- Peripatetic Instrumental Lessons – students are offered the opportunity to learn an instrument or take vocal lessons.
- Coursework Clinic – students from GCSE groups are able to get extra help and challenge themselves to be the best they can.
- Unity Choir – all students welcome to learn to sing in harmony and enjoy being part of a larger ensemble.
- Carol Service – our most talented performers and ensembles are invited to perform at our annual carol service.
- Performance Trips – trips to see live performances are open to all students. Some of these trips are just for students who take GCSE Music.
- Balcony Performances – students are able to see the audition process for musicians by auditioning and performing at our half termly balcony performances.
- Musical Productions – students are able to contribute to the cross faculty productions to enrich and support student’s interest in the arts.
- Percussion Ensemble – our most talented performers are invited to develop their skills by performing with a percussion ensemble.
- Concert Tours – trips both within the UK and abroad to develop their cultural understanding of music.
Concert Dress Order Form
Instead of school uniform we have a purple t-shirt with an embroidered logo with black trousers or skirts as our concert dress. Students have also suggested they would like the option of having matching hoodies that they could wear during rehearsals and on their way to and from concerts. The hoodies are also required for residential trips with Music.
There is an opportunity for students to purchase their own t-shirt and hoodie. T-shirts are priced at £4.50 and hoodies at £9.50 each.
Once you have completed this form the item will be added onto your ParentPay so you can make a payment. A payment must be received via ParentPay before we are able to put your order in.
If you have any questions about the t-shirts and hoodies, please contact me via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Order Deadline: 1st December 2020